Thursday, June 24, 2010

STSADM RESTORE – Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14


 

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14

I was trying to restore my site in a different box with the stsadm restore command :

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>

stsadm.exe -o restore -url http://Server:7777 -filename "D:\Partha\Backup\MyAppCom.dat" –overwrite


 

This resulted to an exception Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14

While trying to dig the problem, I found that my SQL server has run out of space for either the logs or the data files. Actually my D: drive ran out of space…. L. The solution was very simple deleted some not required files and copied few to other drives to make some space for SQL Server, ran the command and the restore was successful.


 

………………..HaPpY CoDiNg

Partha (Aurum)

No comments:

Post a Comment